How to Apply
All applications are accepted and processed through the Electronic Residency
Application Service (ERAS). We offer all of our 13 categorical positions
via the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) match. We do NOT offer
preliminary or transitional year positions. We do NOT offer prematch positions.
We do NOT participate in the couples match. Our application deadline is
Monmouth Medical Center sponsors J-1 visas only. We do NOT offer H-1 visas.
- Graduation from Medical School can be no greater than 7 years.
- Preferred USMLE scores are 230 and above on the first attempt on ALL steps
- USMLE Step 3 completion is preferred, but not required.
- A transcript of USMLE scores must be provided. Pass/fail notations are
- COMLEX scores – For D.O.’s ONLY – are accepted in place
of USMLE scores
- International medical graduates are welcome to apply.
- International medical graduates must supply proof of permanent residency
(green card)/working papers (employment authorization document) if not
applying for J-1 visa.
- International medical graduates must be ECFMG-certified to be considered
- English must be clear and fluent in both written and spoken forms.
Selection for interview is based on a number of factors, including academic
and clinical performance, particularly in medicine rotations, and letters
of recommendation. At Monmouth Medical Center, your application is considered
in its entirety to gauge eligibility for interviews.