The Nursing Professional Practice Council maintains standards of clinical
nursing practice and patient care consistent with evidence-based practice
and requirements of regulatory agencies. This council serves as a forum
to exchange best practices that have the potential to impact clinical
areas across disciplines.
- Review newly developed and updated plans of care to ensure plans are interdisciplinary,
comprehensive, evidence based, and easy to navigate.
- Evaluate the impact of the nursing intervention on readmission rate on
patients with the Six Core Diagnosis with LACE score greater than 11 or
equal admitted every month.
- Increase nursing and interdisciplinary involvement and feedback from Unit
Practice Council members.
- Maintain and sustain membership on the council.
- Encourage staff to join nursing differentiated professional practice.